Thursday, July 9, 2009

THE LITTLE GINGERBREAD HOUSE

Once upon a time there was a good looking, funny, young man, (Mark Marvin White). He liked to draw palm trees and say "Ha" a lot!

One sunny day, just outside of Coeur d' Alene, he caught a glimpse of Veronica Elenore Hruska and was smitten!
So he asked her out.
Eventually he convinced her to marry him. Then he left for the war, came back, and they moved to Calofornia.
They had 6 kids.
TONI, Mark, Cindy, John, Julie, and Monica. (That's the order of the picture it actually goes: Monica, Toni, Cindy, Mark, John, and Julie).

Since they loved Coeur d' Alene so much he decided to build her a cabin there.
They called it The Little Gingerbread House!
The Little Gingerbread House is a magical place where all their grandkids love to visit.
Little Rosanna loves to walk around porch in the early morning!
The 5 Moncrief kids pose for a picture.
The tree swing is one of the favorite attractions. Lots of fighting goes on over whose turn it is!
(Little Robert and Little Cookie)
All the grandkids love to swim at the lake!
Little Cookie, Rosanna, and Roy
and Uncle Mark loves helping Rosanna build the best sand castle ever!
I think this is when Rosanna started to get her freckles!
Taking a cruise around the lake is always fun! (Aunt Patrice, Carol, and Roy).
Uncle Mark always has his video camera going!
Uncle John is such a funny guy! I'm sure this was provoked by Uncle Steve, ha! (that picture was taken in a hotel in CDA, not the cabin)
Everyones favorite person is, of course, GRAMMIE! (Chris, Scott, and Matt)

It's nice that Uncle John and Aunt Bebes live just across the lake so we can visit them as well.

Rosanna and Katie were always spinning around on the dock. It's amazing that they never fell in!
Best Friends
The view from the cabin is amazing! (Aunt Patrice)
Uncle Mark being silly!
Well, what can I say? It's the 80's! (Chris, Matt, Scott, Kenny, and Roy on the ground)
Grammie is the best!
Top Models in action!

I had a chance to visit The Little Gingerbread House on my vacation to Spokane! It looks pretty much the same. Older of course! And the tree swing is gone. It just needs some fixing up is all!
But it has a new and shiny deck!


The view is still the same
Even though it's really small and it's not very glamorous. It's my favorite places in the world!

14 comments:

Autumn said...

Rosie this is beautiful! I love it. Your story is so sweet. Thanks for warming my heart today with your beautiful family. Love you!

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I love it! I'd like to point out that you stole my fish swimming suit.

Toni said...

It was fun to go through pictures with you last night, but you didn't prepare me for a million tears. This is so beautiful and sentimental in picture and in spirit. I hope my kids will remember to live- really live - with great love for each other. What a blessing family is. Thanks Rosie. I love you!

Stacy and Josh Tyhurst said...

You always have the best blogs....I love the old pics of you and Cookie, you guys are so cute!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What a cute family! I love all the pictures. Where on Coeurd'Alene was that again? Oh I wish we had something like that in our family...beautiful.

heidi said...

sometimes i think what makes something glamerous is the story behind it!
it looks like a lovely little place!

Jennifer said...

How fun! I love the size of the camcorder in that one picture. We just got back from a weekend at my grandma's cabin. I love going there too. It is right above Sundance though so no water to play in.

Daryl and Ashley said...

What a wonderful post! I truly loved it! I loved the pictures and story! You are awesome Rosie! I really loved all the pictures of little Rosie! So cute!

Holly said...

Those old pictures are CLASSIC! You guys all look so small and cute in them! What some fun memories you have, what a treasure!

Holly said...

Oh and one more thing, I CANNOT believe your brother Scott's folded and rolled pants in that one picture where him and your cousins are standing in a row! I was DYING!!! Super sweet pants Scott!!! ha ha ha!

Carolina said...

I think Grandma & Grandpa look like Hollywood movie stars. Those were the days... :) Great blog!

Unknown said...

I think this post is my favorite post I have ever seen!
Adelyn

Eliza said...

That was so fun! I loved it so much!