Sunday, February 22, 2009

A FAR GREEN COUNTRY

My Aunt Cindy, my moms baby sister, passed away today from a long and painful battle with Melanoma Cancer. 

"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL"

"Alone we are fine but when we're two, we are eternal." 
Scott, her husband, and Cindy
If I Were an Angel

If I were an angel I would bring you love in the day
 and peace in your dreams.
If I were a butterfly I would fly to the heavens
 and plea for more time.
If I knew how to heal I would offer my hands
 to bid your pain farewell.
But I am not yet an angel, 
I have no wings, 
and my hands do not heal. 
So once again I close my eyes
 and send a prayer for our Sweet Cindy. 
A whisper comes back filling my heart
 and finally I see.
Your sisters are angels, 
our prayers are your butterflies,
 and your sweetheart has healed your pain.
I cry tears of joy
 and thank our dear Lord
 for giving the sweetest gift in the world... a family.

- Autumn Moncrief

7 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I love that poem Autumn wrote. I'm glad its over for her but sad for us.

Holly said...

I'm so sorry Rosanna! I agree with Cookie, it's over for her but sad for you guys. Tell your Mom I'll be thinking of her and the rest of your family too! Love ya!

Florida4x4chick said...

Long before we're ready, we sadly say goodbye. But there are those in a far more beautiful place who are saying "welcome home"

We are so lucky that we have a knowledge of more than just this life on earth. My condolences in this sad time. (I know this is the same post on cookie's but my thoughts are with you both)

Daryl and Ashley said...

My deepest condolences. It is never easy... especially before someones time. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family! Love Ya!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What a beautiful poem. You guys are in my prayers!

Jon and Becky Hall said...

I'm so sorry!! Your in our prayers.

The Pyper Fam said...

That poem brought tears to my eyes when I first read it (a few days ago, now) That is so sweet, and I am so sorry for the loss in your family! Luckily we know that she is a better, pain-free place, right?

So, I didn't even know that ANTM was starting up again, until it magically appeared in my DVR! I hadn't even seen any commercials for it! Did you watch it this week? What did you think. I haven't even been able to talk to you about McKey! Anyway, I hopw all is well!!!