Sunday, December 7, 2008

FILM TAKES PLACE '08

It was about this time last year when things went terrible wrong with Sundance. It started off great! Every Wednesday our department had theme day and we would take a picture and hang it on our board. This was Ugly Sweatshirt Day. In front, Brandie, Me, Cassie. Back, Erica, Natalie, Dianne and Vicki.
Mis-matched shoe day! It's pretty obvious which ones are mine!
Cowgirl Day!!
Me and NatalieFancy jewlery day I think!
This is hot date night. Notice the new face in the corner, that is Cameron. He took Vicki's place because she got fired!

So we decided to go on a retreat for the day to Dianne's Cabin in Tollgate Canyon to regroup after the firing of Vicki. Seemed like a good idea but it wasn't. It started snowing really really bad! And we almost died mulitple times. We were not dressed in very warm clothes either, plus Natalie was 7 months pregnant, had her 2yr old daugher and dog with her as well!
Cassie is wearing her "boat shoes" in this blizzard and we were stopped near the bottom of the canyon due to pile up wrecks! It really was a disaster.
So , I whipped out the camera since there was nothing else to do!!
Yep, I'm in flimsy pajamas and Erica's in a skirt!! Not warm at all!
The weather driving back to the office. We stayed at the office until 2am getting ready for sign up nights. I think I was up for about 33 hours with no sleep! and I was really cranky.

So I get back to work on Monday and Me, Cassie, and Erica pile into Dianne's car to go to a mandatory meeting on Main Street where the head of the Festival Operations with be there blah blah blah. We never made because we were in a CAR ACCIDENT on the way there! Luckily no one was hurt and the nice police officer drove us back to our office. That's when Dianne told us that Brandie and Cameron had both quit! So that leaves Cassie and me to coordinate 1800 volunteers! Awesome.... Things just kept getting worse and worse. I was lucky to get 4 hours a sleep a night. One day Dianne wouldn't let us go to lunch and Cassie had a breakdown. All we wanted was a sandwhich!! I never left my desk. A few weeks later Lynn was hired. He was a hillarious theater buy who went on his mission to France years ago so we'd always make him talk in french theatre voice!
Then the day after New Years, my manager , Dianne quits! Two weeks before the festival! That's when I pretty much lost it! I had a huge emotional break down at work and everyone in all the departments were freaking out because they had no idea what was wrong with me! Human Reasources had to take over the Volunteer Department at that point. We ran the numbers and were almost 400 volunteers short for the festival which was in two weeks!!! YIKES! To make a really long story short. By some miracle we pulled it off. There is so much you can do in one day without sleeping and I pretty much didn't sleep the whole month of January and half of December.

Lynn, Erica, Me and Cassie at checkin.
Me and Cassie!
The lights went out on Main Street one night for almost 30 minutes! You can't realy tell though since I used the flash.

Me and Natalie
Rich, Erica, Cassie and Me. Moon walking! The backdrop behind us is the moon!

Dancing fools! At the volunteer party
Why I am taking posing suggestions from the two drunkest people at the party is beyond me!

At the 3D U2 movie. As you can see from the picture, I slept through the whole thing!

End of the fesitval prom which was 80's themed this year! That's Maryilyn and Brock who won King and Queen!

So hopefully as I start getting into the real craziness of volunteer sign up nights this week that it will go a lot smoother than last year!!! At least I know that nothing could be worse than last year. Everything that could have gone wrong did and we somehow pulled off the festival! This year has been so much better so far than last year ever was, so that's good!

7 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I love the theme days! I am so happy that this year is better and you are getting a bit more sleep. Love the prom.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Holy cow...I don't know how you keep up with yourself! Last winter was sooo bad, way too much snow. Lets pray this year is better.

Kylene said...

Hahaaaaaaaa! It's so comforting to see that you're still sassy and havin' fun. So when are we gonna get together and watch "Dennis the Menace" w/Walter Matthau? Or are you too busy w/Sundance and all that fancy stuff? ;)

Trisha said...

What a crazy experience!

Britt said...

Lets hope this year goes smoother!! I don't think I've ever seen you wear pink except in that picture. Interesante! I liked hearing Cassie's side of the story also man you two are amazing for pulling it all together! You need to be the manager next year!

Holly said...

Pretty prom dress!!! Why on earth did we not have theme days at Pace, P.A.C.E. we make bags??? That is a brilliant idea dang it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is insane. I am proud of you for stickin it out & handling that. That kind of situation would totally stress me out too. Good job for having it turn out successful! And I absolutely LOVE all the dressing up! That looks WAY WAY fun!