Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SHELOB'S LAIR

So, Lanie and I moved into her cousins basement in Sugarhouse the last week of August. Little did we know it already had tenants!! A bizzillion HOBO SPIDERS!!! And they were ginormous. I had to sleep with the light on and a can of bug spray. We did get the apartment sprayed which seemed to help with the spiders but not so much with the lovely CAT URINE smell!!!

One night I found a huge one ,as big as a tangerine ,on the blanket on the couch so I bug sprayed it and left it's dead body there to show Brandon (Lanie's cousin) how big they are because the boys upstairs thought we were wimps. He finally comes down when he got home from work and he was looking at it and screamed "Oh my gosh! There's another one!" So we both are screaming and we moved the table and he stepped on it. And I thought he said there was another one behind me, so I start screaming again and then he starts screaming. 10 minutes later when we're done screaming like girls, we went upstairs because we were so creeped out! BTW, it's not the best idea to use bug spray on blankets!!!

My lovely bedroom! Notice the lovely drainage pipe, not to mention the panels that cover up the asbestis ceiling, yep, that's right!
Nice Closet!! haha
Notice the air freshners! I'd never bought more ferbreze in my life!

Bathroom. The shower was more of a mister!


Living room/kitchen


Lanie's room
Kitchen
So, we moved home about 3 weeks ish ago! Her parents live around the corner from mine. I'm only home for 6 hours a night to sleep and shower anyway. So paying rent for that apartment was definitely not worth it!

11 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Goodbye smelly spider apartment. We will not miss you!

The Pyper Fam said...

What a cozy little place, I guess a bazillion and two tenants is a little too many, I love how you post the pictures AFTER you move out!!!??? :) Thanks for the tour, its great to have pics to actually go with all of the stories of that lovely place! :)

Britt said...

oh my gosh Shelob!!!!!!!! Yuck so glad you are out of there!!!

nich, nic, and keags! said...

okay rosie, all night during my slumper i'm going to think of that nasty spider! just think of how many crawled on you while you were sleeping...ahhhh!! We moved back to UT a little over a year ago! i love being close to family, but really miss seattle too!

Trisha said...

I hate spiders!

Holly said...

I was very relieved to read your last paragraph. The whole time I was looking at the pictures and reading your post I was thinking, "now, why again did she move there???" Ugh, that is seriously gross!!!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Thank goodness you got some sense girl! Living with spiders is not acceptable. I HATE SPIDERS!!! I too like how you post after you move. So you're living with your parents? Better than any spider infested place in my book.

Anonymous said...

I guess the Spiders won this time - and that's perfectly fine by me. I do not like spiders in my place. They can have it!!

That'll be nice to stay at home!

Anonymous said...

Nice spider! I couldn't live with that hanging around heh!

Check out my blog, you've won an award.

:) Tiff

Madsen Family said...

Yikes...spider attack. That would be unbearable to me--I have a serious spider phobia. Don't even ask me what happened after I watched Arachnaphobia. So, are you living with your mom and dad now? I say: good choice. Living free from spiders always wins in my book!

Debbie said...

Wow!!! How long did you live there?

It was good to see you today...sad occasion , but good to see you.