Thursday, October 9, 2008

SAMARRA

I was in California last weekend helping my brother Robert on his student film "Samarra". That's the movie set.
Rob's the producer of the film but they needed him to play a dead army guy. So he had to get his costume all dirty.



After that, they torched it,



then it's off to make up!! Dead foot!
almost a finished burned arm.
Burned face. (notice the skin hanging down, yuck)
practicing being dead
waiting
another wounded soldier. he's one of the lead actors of the film. their make-up artist is awesome don't you think?!!
random set photos



Samarra set is right next to the set from "Letters From Iwa Jima"!
Fun pics with Bubba and Natty. Natty actually lost her first tooth while I was there and got $1 from the tooth fairy!! Times have changed since I lost my baby teeth!!

12 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

That is so cool!! I can't wait for him to make it big!!! I miss those kiddies!

Trisha said...

Wow, what a job! And Rob's kids are so beautiful!

Nikki said...

That is amazing. I love the makeup. Take it from someone who knows, Rob looked like a real burn victim.

Holly said...

Is that a REAL movie that will come out in theaters??? Very cool!

Holly said...

Oh, and thanks for commenting on my "30 days of pictures" posts!!! I always know I will get at least one comment and it makes me happy.....then I don't have to sing "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms!"

Rosie Moncrief said...

No, it's not coming out in theaters but I am writing the script for "PACE, P-A-C-E: WE MAKE BAGS" starring us of course!! I need to email you the list of all the funny things that I remember happening to us there and you can add to it!! It's going to be good!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so cool that you got to see it being filmed.

Cute pics with the Robs kiddos!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Wow! That make up job is incredible. I didn't know your brother produced movies. How cool is that. Is he famous yet!

Anonymous said...

That's a crazy make-up job. When I was going to Bridgerland they were asking for volunteers to be in a mock-disaster @ USU. So I went. They had make-up artists that worked on us to make it look like we were in a hotel when a huge earthquake hit. So I had a bone sticking out of my shin. (ouch) It wasn't totally professional but it looked pretty gross. Kind of fun though!!

The Pyper Fam said...

Rosana, you are just a travel'n fool! :) That looks like it was so much fun! I too am amazed that Robert is doing that! I can't wait to see it one day! What did you get to do on the set?

Kylene said...

You have all the fun! ;) Looks like a good movie, too.

carolina said...

Are you coming back for the premier? I'm really excited to see it! What a good little helper you are! :)