Wednesday, September 17, 2008

THE AMERICAN GIRLS

We headed up to Northern Ireland for a few days and they still use the pound up there! It's really cool money and each bank has it's own style, kind of different.
We stayed in this Inn in Portrush and they called us "The American Girls" they were so excited to have us there, it was funny!
Our room had three beds in it, how cool is that?!!

traditional Irish Breakfast, sosososososo good!

We were at a look out point, it was windy.

Horse Back riding!
small
medium
and large! Lanie's horse was huge!
Portrush, rainbows all over and I finally found the end to one. Sort of anyway, it was in the ocean
Having fun running along the cliffs. Our motto the whole trip was "Get as close to the edge but don't fall off!!" Everyone thought we were crazy!



I just thought these houses were cute!
I don't play golf but I would start if I lived here!! Right on the ocean, awesome!

I had never seen a rainbow that only appeared on the water and not the sky before. It was so awesome, then in an instant disappeared and poured down rain!

Another castle
and another great shot!
I love this pic of me and Britt, it was so windy!I was sining "The hills are alive, with the sound of music, la la lala!!"The bridge we crossed to get onto this huge rocky hill. It looked cooler on in the guide book! Still fun though.



me and lanie
Britt





Walking to some waterfalls


Classic irish clovers!! The harp is the offical symbol of Ireland and the clover symbolizes the trinity.
The Dark Hedges! So Awesome.



Ireland has the coolest parks, right on the oceans coast!
Coolest swing ever! Way better than the tire swing!






This is a silly silly video that takes you through the haunted dark hedges!

9 comments:

Madsen Family said...

I won't lie to you, Rosie. I am jealous that you got to go have so much fun. And the pictures are really gorgeous. Can I come on your next girls' trip?? Pretty please???

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I'm coming too!!! I want one off those swings. so cool

The Pyper Fam said...

I'm in! Seriously, your trip looks like it was a blast! You are an amazing photographer! Those tree hedge things were SO cool! Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I loved the pictures of those doors, you definitley need to make something with all of those! Your pictures totally make me want to go to Ireland!

Trisha said...

The fun never ends!

Let me ask though, did this love of Ireland start from watching "Far and Away"? I remember how much you loved this movie....

Tootalou...same to you!

Holly said...

Okay, that is the PRETTIEST place on earth!!! I love all of your pictures! And, horseback riding in Ireland, who does that??? You are one lucky gal!!! :)

Nikki said...

looks like you had a fantastic time.

Florida4x4chick said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!! Aren't you the little travelier, tell Chelane I said HELLO! You two are welcome here in FL if you ever want! :)

Anonymous said...

You are too cool Rosie!! I love how green and beautiful Ireland looks. Lucky girls! Glad you had soooooooo much fun!

:) Tiff

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

So what's with the beans for breakfast...early start on gas! Those pictures are simply amazing. I never knew a place could be so beautiful.