Monday, September 8, 2008

IRISH EYES ARE SMILING!!

We finally arrived in Ireland after our plane was delayed of course. We flew into Limerick!

Lanie, our brave driver!!! So, remember in the movie "THE HOLIDAY" when Cameron Diaz is driving on the opposite side of the road for the first time? The road is super narrow and a big semi comes toward her and she starts screaming. YEP!! That's how it is! I thought I was for sure going to die over there. It took me about three days to get used to it and I was only the passenger. Although Lanie told me that being the passenger was worse than being the driver! The roads are about as wide as one lane in America and there are no pull offs! You either hit the car on the side or run into a rock wall or hedges. And we always got stuck in round abouts! It was awesome
Lanie (driver) Britt (backseat rider, she's been in way to many car accidents in her life and didn't want the front seat) Me (front seat passenger)

So weird!!! It took us awhile to find our hotel due to the lack of street names and nothing was numbered. But we found it and decided to take an hour nap. SEVEN HOURS LATER we woke up!! But I must say, It was the best nap I have ever had in my whole life!! It was night time when we woke up so we went back to be and woke up super early the next morning to go and explore. The video below is of getting lost in a tiny town!



Britt and Me at a random harbor. We were lost!
We found an old fallen down castle that we explored!




This was an area going to a lighthouse. Sorry, I didn't write any of the names down!

We kept pulling off randomly, mostly because we were lost!
Nature calls!! I became very facinated with the toilets!
We got really good at using the timer on the camera! haha

I don't really know what I'm doing!


The towns there were all so cute!
This is in Kilarny National Forest



These rock tunnels were neat!

Our rearview mirror kept falling off! It was just the beginning of our car problems!!
My favorite quote of the day "DID YOU RUB UP AGAINST SOMEONE, OR DID SOMEONE ELSE RUB UP AGAINST YOU?!!" Yes, that is right! We successfully ruined our rental car the first day! Rubbed up on a rock wall and the rock wall one! Thankfully we were fullly covered so we didn't have to pay for anything! Always be fully covered in a foreign country!!!
The passenger door no longer could be opened from the out side! ha ha

We obviously were not the first people to run into this particular wall!!! The video below is of lanie and me trying to fix the door handle, it didn't work!


We walked around Limerick at the end of our adventurous day!


8 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Next time I want to come!! So fun. You guys are crazy!! Very cute but crazy.

The Pyper Fam said...

I want to come next time too! Those pictures are amazing! I am so jealous!

Holly said...

It is SOOOOO beautiful there! I too want to come next time!

carolina said...

Rosie Oh Rosie, I looooove you! :) And, since everyone else wants to come next time, so do I! :)

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

No wonder they shoot all the movies there! It's so beautiful. Everything is so ancient but awesome, and I want to go too!

Trisha said...

LOve the beautiful scenes, but my favorite is the video of you going through that tiny street....I love hearing you laugh!

Toni said...

Any chance you'd take your mother next time?

Britt said...

I miss it so much!!! Your pics are beautiful. Lets do it again